X-ray Irradiator Systems
Our line of X-ray calibration irradiators are designed specifically for instrument and dosimetry calibration. They include features and accessories to facilitate calibrations and assure accurate and repeatable exposures. We have supplied these systems to primary and secondary standards labs throughout the world.
Our self-contained X-ray irradiators are an excellent choice for R&D, cell culture irradiation, SIT, and high dose applications. Fully shielded, it does not need a special exposure room and takes up very little lab space.
The Model X80 X-Ray Beam Irradiator will simplify even the most tedious and time-consuming tasks associated with calibrating radiation detection instruments and personnel dosimeter badges. The control panel provides total command and monitoring of the irradiator, complete with expose and return pushbuttons, indicator lights, an emergency off pushbutton, LCD display, and a keyed power switch. The data entry keypad makes it simple to enter exposure time, filter, and attenuator selection. The optional computer-based control system offers even greater ease-of-use by automating and simplifying many steps of the calibration process. Computer controls will manage the X-ray system, calculate exposure rates, provide automatic set-up of the irradiator and provide automated calibration of the irradiator.
With its fail-safe design and a wide range of accessories, the Hopewell Designs Model X80 offers a flexible, easy to use system that will increase productivity and accuracy. Available in three configurations: the X80-160, with a range of 5 - 160 kV; the X80-225 kV - range of 5 - 225 kV; the X80-320 kV with a range of 5 - 320 kV.
- Systems include 160kV, 225kV, 320kV, and mammography
- Full set of beam codes available including ISO N, W, H, & L series, RQR, RQA, RQT, & CCRI
- Filter wheels provide quick setup and can be changed out easily
- Optional transmission chamber records delivered dose
- High precision and repeatability assure accurate calibrations with low uncertainty
- Multiple apertures available to set beam size
- Electronic operation or fully-automated computer control
- Computer control provides extensive automation to reduce errors and improve efficiency
- Easy to use with an intuitive operator interface
- Inherent fail-safe design
- Highly reliable
- Calibration available with traceability to NIST
- X80-160 has a range of 5 - 160 kV
- X80-225 kV - range of 5 - 225 kV
- X80-320 kV - range of 5 - 320 kV
- Filter wheel holds 10 beam codes, quick change out for other wheels
- High-speed shutter with <250 msec transit time
- Aperture wheel provides beam sizes of 5cm (1.97”), 10cm (3.94”), and 15cm (5.90”) diameter at 100cm (39.37”)
- External exposure rates < 2 uSv/hr (0.20 mR/hr) @ 30cm (11.81”) from the surface with shutter closed.
- Size - 50cm (19.69”) x 90cm (35.43”) x 200cm (78.74”) tall
- Weight – 650 kg to 850 kg (1,433 to 1,874 lbs) depending on model
- Power - 230 VAC ±10%, 50/60 Hz, 4500 watts
- Model T20 precision linear positioning track, manual or automated, 1 to 4 axes
- Filter wheel assembly for multiple beam codes. Wheel easily exchanged.
- Complete sets of filter material for beam codes
- Aperture wheel for multiple beam diameters
- Safety interlock system
- Video cameras for instrument and room viewing
- Dosimeter phantoms
- Laser alignment
- Temperature, Pressure, Humidity Monitors
- Transmission chamber for monitoring delivered dose.
- Calibration equipment & service
- Half-value analysis system with filter material