Neutron Irradiator Systems
Our neutron irradiator provides a panoramic radiation field used primarily for instrument and dosimetry calibrations. It is typically housed in a low scatter room and can be supplied with a full complement of accessories that include linear positioning systems, video monitoring, and safety systems.
The Hopewell Designs Model N40 series provides a 360° radiation field for calibrating radiation detection instruments and irradiating personnel dosimetry. Available with up to six radioactive sources in a wide range of activities – both neutron and gamma, the system comes complete with radiation sources, shielding, exposure position, safety interlocks, and control panel. There are four models to choose from based on source quantity and size.
- Multiple models to choose from with capacity of 1, 2, or 6 sources
- High precision and repeatability assure accurate calibrations with low uncertainty
- Electronic operation or fully-automated computer control.
- Computer control provides extensive automation to reduce errors and improve efficiency
- Easy to use with an intuitive operator interface.
- Inherent fail-safe design.
- Highly reliable
- Calibration available with traceability to NIST
- Californium-252: 0.6 to 18.5 GBq (16.2 mCi to 500 mCi)
- AmBe: 18.5 to 740 GBq (438 mCi to 20 Ci)
- Cesium-137: 0.37 GBq (10mCi) to 3.7 TBq (100 Ci)
- Cobalt-60: 0.37 GBq (10mCi) to 1.85 TBq (50 Ci)
- Exposure rate < 2 uSv/hr @ 30cm from the surface
- Size - depends on model, nominal 120cm (47.25” ) x 120cm (47.25”) x 160cm (70”) tall
- Weight - 300 to 900 kg (662 to 1,985 lbs) depending on model
- Power - 120/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1500 watts
- Model T20 precision linear positioning track, manual or automated, 1 to 4 axes
- Moderation sphere
- Safety interlock system
- Video cameras for instrument and room viewing
- Dosimeter phantoms
- Laser alignment
- Temperature, Pressure, Humidity Monitors
- Calibration equipment & service